to know BEFORE a fire:
- Know the location of fire extinguishers, fire exits, and
alarm systems in your area, and know how to use them.
- Identify at least two possible evacuation routes from
your classroom or office area.
- Know where the pull-alarm is in your area.
- Make sure emergency phone numbers are located on or near
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE:
- If you see or smell smoke, call the Maintenance
Department or Student Services.
Ext. 6172 Maintenance
Ext. 6220 Student Services
951-0762 Facilities Manager
853-2379 Dean of Student Services
- If you see FLAMES, CALL 9+911 immediately, then begin
- Activate the nearest available alarm. (All main campus
buildings have an audible alarm system).
- If the fire is minor, you may attempt to control it by
using an available fire extinguisher.
- If the fire is major, DO
NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTROL IT, EVACUATE IMMEDIATLEY.
- If there is heavy smoke, stay as low to the floor as
- If you are trapped, shout at regular intervals to alert
rescuers to your location. If a window is available, place
an article of clothing in the window as a marker for
- Please refer to BUILDING EVACUATION section for