- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way
the organization intends to use donated resources, and of
its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the
organization's governing board, and to expect the board to
exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship
- To have access to the organization's most recent
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes
for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is
handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent
provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals
representing organizations of interest to the donor will be
professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are
volunteers, employees of the organization or hired
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted
from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and
to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.