All admissions information submitted to MCC must be completely translated into English.
Degree Seeking Students
To earn a degree or certificate, or enroll for 10 or more credits in any one semester, students must submit to Student Services:
- Application form and $30 nonrefundable application fee.
- High school or high school equivalency transcripts (GED, HiSET, or TASC). This must include the graduation date.
- College or university transcripts (if applicable)
- Evidence of immunization records (Measles and Rubella vaccinations – 2 doses), if born after December 31, 1956.o
- Current ACT scores or completion of Placement test for course placement. This can be completed when you arrive on campus if you have not taken the ACT.
In addition to meeting general admission requirements, international students must submit the following information to Student Services:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper test, 173 on the computer test, or 61 on the Internet-based test is required for admission. Exceptions to this requirement must be ruled upon by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or designee through a telephone interview as well as a review of students’ past academic achievements. Students from English-speaking countries are not required to submit TOEFL scores.
- Evidence that $13,000 (U.S. monies) is available for each year in attendance at Miles Community College, exclusive of travel costs. This needs to be a letter from a banking official on their letterhead.
- Evidence of medical insurance coverage.
When students meet the above criteria, Student Services will evaluate applications and assist international students with the required documents (I-20) and visa. International students must pay a $200 processing fee (SEVIS I-901 fee) upon receipt of the I-20 in order to be eligible for a visa. Please visit http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901 for more information.
International students must have all information completed by July 1 to enter fall semester, November 10 for spring semester, or April 1 for summer semester. Exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.