|Notes:||• Colstrip, MT - The IT Professional will be accountable for infrastructure development (research, design and implementation) and operational activities, as well as maintenance / enhancement of computer and network technologies supporting the information technology (IT) needs of the corporation. The incumbent will support the IT needs of Montana businesses including Talen Generation LLC. The infrastructure technologies supported / developed will focus on network, server, system software, storage, database or workstation components, requiring the individual to be competent in IT processes, software languages and tools. He/She will develop and maintain relationships with technical and non-technical customers, coworkers, consultants and vendors while continuing to research and advance technical prowess. The incumbent will have substantial knowledge in one or more areas of IT infrastructure and a broad based understanding of other major technologies. He/She must have demonstrated commitment to design and operational excellence. EOE M/F/D/V
* Maintain accountability for providing functionality and for assuring reliability and availability of computing infrastructure through either a design or operational perspective, requiring difficult problem solving with little or no assistance and supervision within time constraints. This may require 24x7 availability for critical components and systems.
* Maintain ownership and accountability for the “health” of certain technologies being supported.
* Serve as the point of contact for specific infrastructure components and services.
* Perform a limited range of activities around the design or operations of some infrastructure technologies and processes needed to provide solutions to IT services, problems or opportunities.
* Perform assigned duties independently under the guidance of Technologists, senior Technologists and Lead Technologists.
* Discuss or seek approval on complex matters with the Technologists, Senior Technologists and Lead Technologists.
* Support project management activities by contributing to the development of project plans, estimating work, task scheduling, cost/benefit analysis and progress reporting. Supports Manager, Supervisor or Lead Technologist with project resource needs, i.e., technical group staffing, customer and Information Solutions involvement, equipment, etc.
* Develop and maintain partnerships with internal customers and collaborates with vendors, consultants, and other ISD personnel to achieve solutions to the defined technical and business needs, which includes training customers on end user products, new services and core technologies.
* Assist with planning, directing and reviewing the day-to-day work of other team members.
* Train and instruct technical staff on technical tools and new technologies.
* Provide technical guidance and IT process support expertise on projects or system issues to other infrastructure group staff.
* Demonstrate a commitment to design and operational excellence.
* Maintain continuous learning and strives to increase relative skills and knowledge required for position.
* Stay abreast of the latest developments in information technology.
* Maintain commitment to continuous improvement of the technologies, support services and processes being delivered to support the Corporation's IT needs.
* Perform related job duties as assigned.
* Associate degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related technical field with 2-4 years related work experience in a business, engineering, or computer support environment is required.
* Competency in one or more areas of IT infrastructure such as workstation, network, radio or telephone support.
* Specific experience in multiple technologies, for example:
• Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows Desktop, HP-UX, Linux
• Hardware Platforms: Intel, HP PA-Risc • Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, and MS-Access
• Web servers (IIS, Apache, WebLogic, CMS)
• Centralized storage (EMC, SAN, ITSM)
• Network technologies (Gigabit Ethernet, routing switches, firewalls, wireless, VPN, DWDM)
• System and Network Management (Tivoli Monitoring, Openview, Optivity, Radia, ITWS)
• Telephone systems, PBX, VoIP, ACD, Cellular, Paging
• Programming/scripting languages: PL/SQL, Visual Studio .Net, VB, csh, ksh, Perl, etc.
• Data warehousing technologies and tools: Oracle and various business intelligence tools
• Web technologies: HTML, .Net, Java, content management tools
• File and Print Service software: Windows 2003, and Dazel.
• Personal/Group Productivity Software: MS Office, MS Internet Explorer, Sharepoint Services
* Four-year college degree. BS or BA in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other Technical Field (or Non-Technical BS/BA with 4 or more years relevant IT experience).
* 4 or more years experience in a large-scale industrial environment supporting multi-technology hardware and software platforms.
* Knowledge in several major infrastructure technologies; (workstation hardware and software, network, server, operating system software, storage or database).|